I thought about doing a post for people to get to know a little bit more about me, but then I remembered that I feel really awkward when I have to describe myself. I just like sharing my thoughts, not my entire life story. So for those of you who don't know much about me, here are the basics:
My name is Lauren Bruner, soon to be Lauren Smith...yay!
I love my wonderful family, great friends, amazing fiance, and my Father in Heaven.
I'm a die hard Texan... no, really.
I'm graduating from Texas A&M with a B.S. in Radiological Health Engineering.
I run a small shop on Etsy (RunEllieRun) to take advantage of my crafty side.
I'm a blogging rookie...can't you tell?
Enough of that. Here's what I really wanted to share with everyone.
Everything happens for a reason.
Nothing is coincidence... it's all part of a much bigger plan. A master plan put in place by our creator.
The last few years of my life have been awesome. I reconnected with my childhood best friend, got into my dream school, met Holden, fell in love, grew closer to my family, became a puppy mom, started a business, fell deeper in love, got baptized, received my first calling, got engaged... the list could go on and on.
I have been abundantly blessed by a merciful Father in Heaven. I know that, and I am beyond grateful for that. But life hasn't been all rainbows and butterflies. Just like every other human in the world, I've faced many trials. To name a few: a very long-distance relationship (TX to California, to Chile, to Utah...yeah), struggles finding a church I considered "home", car accidents, being away from my dad who took a job in China for two years, a cancer scare, financial struggles...
These things were all very hard for me, but I survived. I learned. I grew... I survived the difficult, trying times. I learned to put my trust in the hands of God. I grew stronger in my faith.
All of these events -- both good and bad -- have taught me to always turn to Him in prayer. Humbling myself before Him to sincerely thank him or ask for help. And it has never failed me. I mean, who knows better than the One who put it all into motion?
{Psalms 62:8}
I have been abundantly blessed by a merciful Father in Heaven. I know that, and I am beyond grateful for that. But life hasn't been all rainbows and butterflies. Just like every other human in the world, I've faced many trials. To name a few: a very long-distance relationship (TX to California, to Chile, to Utah...yeah), struggles finding a church I considered "home", car accidents, being away from my dad who took a job in China for two years, a cancer scare, financial struggles...
These things were all very hard for me, but I survived. I learned. I grew... I survived the difficult, trying times. I learned to put my trust in the hands of God. I grew stronger in my faith.
All of these events -- both good and bad -- have taught me to always turn to Him in prayer. Humbling myself before Him to sincerely thank him or ask for help. And it has never failed me. I mean, who knows better than the One who put it all into motion?
{Psalms 62:8}
No comments:
Post a Comment